Between the weather turning cold again (after some teasing, sunny, warm days) and the everyday stresses of life, I’ve been craving some comfort food. This pasta recipe is loaded with extra garlic and spinach to give an extra boost of nutrition to my immune system while I’m feeling “weathered”. Serve in your favorite bowl (pasta is always more fun in a fun bowl!) and you’re sure to feel comfort, warmth and satisfaction.
Spinach, Mushroom & Garlic Creamy Pasta Sauce
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-4 cups fresh baby leaf spinach, chef’s preference 😉
- Package of your favorite noodles – Barilla makes a great gluten free rotinni and you can’t even tell they’re gluten free
- Heat olive oil in large skillet, add chopped onion and garlic. Saute about 10 minutes, or until translucent and starting to brown.
- Add mushrooms and saute another 5 minutes, or until mushrooms have softened.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauces, oregano, basil, and salt. Bring to a low simmer and let everything get happy together while you cook your noodles.
- Cook noodles according to package. Drain well.
- Add cream cheese, in small pieces, to sauce and gently stir to mix in.
- Mix in spinach until wilted (3-5 minutes).
- Serve over hot pasta.