Power-breakfast bowl this morning! Need to be energized for the day as Gray and I are flying to see my family and that means lots of walking, standing, and taking care of my little guy. I know I can’t do a full day such as today without a full breakfast! Preparation is key and that means eating well with lots of nutrients packed into a bowl for fun and easy eating.
Today’s breakfast bowl consists of:
- egg for protein and choline (choline promotes healthy cell activity, transportation of nutrients in the body, and healthy liver function)
- spinach, tomatoes and onion that pack a tremendous amount of vitamins and antioxidants such as C, K, and lycopene, along with other nutrtional benefits which give me a great immunity boost while traveling
- bacon, because bacon belongs in just about everything plus it balances out my bowl with a nice salty flavor
- Nature’s Earthly Choice Premium Organic 100% Whole Grain Quinoa for protein, fiber, along with nine (nine! excuse my excitement) essential amino acids
- cheddar cheese sprinkled in to give the quinoa a creamy texture – I cook my quinoa as per box instructions, but when done I mix in a little butter and chedder cheese (add as little or as much as desired – just mix in slowly to the consistency you desire).
Now that’s a lot of amazing, healthy goodness all packed in a bowl! What would you put in your breakfast bowl?