This tasty Tuesday recipe is a simple recipe for baked king crab legs -simple because it has just a few ingredients and tasty because it just is delicious.
King crab legs already are so tasty and really do not need much seasoning at all. Just serve with a little butter to compliment the flavor and the flavor combination will keep you coming back for more.
Serve with crusty french bread (see below for my gluten free recommendation), a simple spinach salad, and you’ve got a satisfying meal that you’re sure to cook again and again. Best of all the recipe is very simple and it won’t take you more than 30 minutes to put together.
Baked King Crab Legs
- 3 pounds king crab legs
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- dash of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chives (or substitute fresh chives if you’ve got them on hand)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place crab in shallow baking dish.
- Melt butter on low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until melted. Whisk in remainder ingredients.
- Using kitchen shears, cut slits into the crab leg shells to allow for butter mixture to get in. Brush legs with butter mixture and pour remainder of mixture onto crab legs.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, basting crab legs with buttery mixture every 5 minutes.
- Bake until meat is opaque and flaky. Serve with butter and crusty french bread. Udi’s Gluten Free French Baguette is my go to when I need a crusty, gluten free bread with a soft middle, which works great for mopping up delicious butter!
Enjoy and happy eating 🙂