I used to think the crust of a pie or quiche was the tastiest part, but I was proven wrong once I started whipping up crustless quiche.
Not only does going crustless make this a great low carb meal, but it also cuts your cooking time in half. Gluten free and healthy as can be, this crustless quiche recipe below hits your taste buds just right and provides an abundance of vitamins and minerals from all the delicious veggies.
Quiche is great because you can change and add whatever your belly desires. Happy belly -> happy soul -> happy mind. Hope everyone has a great tasty Tuesday!
Spinach & Cheese Gluten Free Quiche
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 package frozen spinach (10 ounce) thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups + 1/4 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 9-10 inch quiche dish or pie plate.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms and onion until slightly soft, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- In separate dish, mix beaten eggs, cheese, bacon, spinach, milk, salt and pepper.
- Once sautéed veggies have cooled, mix into egg mixture and pour into quiche dish.
- Sprinkle top of quiche with 1/4 cup cheese and bake for about 45 minutes, or until top is golden and quiche has set.